Pages

Saturday, June 1, 2013

Back to the grind

Well, I am back at it. Made it back to Wilmington and found the boat freshly painted with awl grip and tuff coat non-skid. I am happy how it came out, there are still a few spots that need to be touched up and are being addressed.
Over all it looks great and like a whole new boat. Now I am working on sanding the cap rail to varnish it before I re-install all the deck hardware. The old varnish sanded off nicely and should look great when done.

Also getting back I found a mountain of boxes of gear that I order while I was at work and had a pay check burning a hole in my pocket. Everything I ordered seems to be here and I should have a well stocked boat for cruising, although there is always a long wish list of more stuff that would be nice to have. 
I have also received my new 6 person life raft, which is smaller than the 4 person I had... I still have the old one if anyone wants to buy it and have it re-certified? The canvas guy came by and made patterns for the new dodger that I am having made. Should be a great investment for the boat and really make it look great. Can't wait to see it!
This is just a quick update as I get back into the swing of things down here. It is hot and humid and tough working but I am plugging along making head way. I planned on launching her by the end of June but don't know how it will plan out. The carpenter didn't do any work while I was gone and that will set me back some time, but I will have to make up for it other ways. Starting to look like a real sailing boat now, getting excited to go sailing!

No comments:

Post a Comment